22 March 2009

Post Birthday Rap


And so another year has past and I find myself again questioning where I am and where I'm going. What have I accomplished and what has been left undone? Overall I feel satisfied and can't wait to see what 2009 will hold for me. My birthday was celebrated with friends at a Western style restaurant bar in Shenyang (one of the best I have seen in China!). The picture you can see shows me sandwiched between Jake and Mike, two foreign teachers with the lovely Christie (a teaching assistant and Jake's girlfriend). I even kicked on with the group to KTV (karaoke, which is hugely popular here). I duetted on "I Got You Babe" with Jake, for once I believe it wasn't totally ear-shattering!
In the past couple of months I have been laying low, have not ventured too far a field. That should be rectified in the coming months with many trips and outings planned. I have also decided that I will return home to Australia for a short visit in September. After that am hopeful of finding another teaching gig in a new country.
I will keep you posted with all my latest as it comes to hand. In the mean time, check out the links below for more photos. Love and God bless!
Imperial Palace, Shenyang
Chinese New Year 09
Qipan Mountain, Shenyang
Antique's Market, Sheyang
Heavy Snow
Shenyang TV Tower

1 comment:

Marty said...

I liked the start of this one, the way you wrote it. Good to see you'll be back in Sept!